The E-Learning Cooperative was developed to encourage and facilitate the sharing of online courses among the campuses and campus colleges of the University. The Cooperative is housed within Undergraduate Education and is guided by a steering committee composed of Deans and other stakeholders and chaired by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education. The major tasks are to:
- create effective and efficient policies and procedures for online course sharing across the University;
- identify and promote the availability of online courses to receiving colleges;
- determine the immediate and long-term needs for online courses within the University; and
- work with appropriate administrators and academic officers to insure that procedures and policies facilitate course exchange listings and appropriate revenue transactions.
All units of the University may participate in the Cooperative. Policies and procedures are determined by the steering committee consisting of representatives of the campus and University Park colleges and central administrative support offices that facilitate the exchange, such as the registrar, office of teaching and learning with technology, undergraduate education, and the budget office. All courses are delivered by Penn State faculty.
Making courses available through the e-Learning Coop
Courses are made available through the e-Learning Coop through the following steps:
- From the eLearning @ PSU website, download and complete "Form A."
- Submit Form A to E-Learning @ PSU Cooperative, 417 Old Main, University Park, PA 16802.
- Once the form has been reviewed and signed by the Vice President and Dean for Undergraduate Education, the course will be posted to the eLearning @ PSU website.
NOTE: The course will continue to be offered through the eLearning Cooperative each year on the schedule indicated on the submitted Form A unless Undergraduate Education is notified otherwise.
- It is suggested that departments send information about the course availability to the DAAs and Associate Deans, as well as the Campus Registrars, at all campus locations, as well. This can be done in advance of each semester that the course is offered in order to best "market" the course internally.
Claiming seats in e-Learning Coop courses
Individual campuses can claim seats in an e-Learning Coop course through the following steps:
- Individual campuses request seats in e-Learning Coop courses by submitting Form B (located on the eLearning @ PSU website).
- When the form is received by Undergraduate Education, the availability of the seats is confirmed and then officially reserved for the campus on the eLearning @ PSU website. This process is electronic and happens relatively quickly.
- Each campus that reserves seats in a given course must make those seats available to their students by adding the course to their campus' Schedule of Courses. The Instructor of Record is the same for all sections - it is the instructor from the offering campus.
There are currently no results for this search.